About Michael W. Goheen, Ph.D. (Utrecht University)
My foundational conviction is that the Bible tells the true story of the world as revealed most fully in Jesus the Christ. The people of God find their fundamental identity in the missional role they are called to play in witnessing to God’s comprehensive salvation. Worldview studies can play an important role in equipping the church for its mission as it seeks to articulate a biblical worldview that explicates and protects the gospel, and as it explores the humanist worldview that has been shaping Western culture for centuries.
- Director of Theological Education and Scholar-in-Residence (Missional Theology), Missional Training Center, Phoenix, AZ
- Adjunct Professor of Theology and Mission, Redeemer Seminary, Dallas, TX
- Associate Research Faculty, Mission Studies, Trinity College, Bristol University, Bristol, UK
- Introducing Christian Mission Today: Scripture, History, and Issues. Downers Grove: IVP, 2014.
- A Light to the Nations: The Missional Church and the Biblical Story. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic Books, 2011.
- Translation into Korean. Seoul, SK: The Blessed People Publishing Company, 2012.
- Translation into Portuguese. São Paulo, Brazil: Edições Vida Nova, 2014.
- Translation into Chinese. Enoch Communications (forthcoming).
- “As the Father Has Sent Me, I Am Sending You”: J.E. Lesslie Newbigin’s Missionary Ecclesiology. Zoetermeer: Boekencentrum Publishing House, 2000.
- Christian Philosophy: A Systematic and Narrative Introduction. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2013. Coauthored with Craig Bartholomew.
- Living at the Crossroads: An Introduction to Christian Worldview. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic Books; London: SPCK, 2008. Coauthored with Craig G. Bartholomew.
- Translation into Russian. Cherkasy, Ukraine: Colloquium Publishing, 2010.
- Translation into Korean. Seoul, SK: Intervarsity Press, 2011.
- The Drama of Scripture: Finding Our Place in the Biblical Story. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic Books, 2004. Coauthored with Craig G. Bartholomew.
- First revised, abridged study version. London, UK: SPCK, 2006.
- Second revised, abridged study version. Grand Rapids, MI: Faith Alive, 2009. Published under new title: The True Story of the Whole World: Finding Your Place in the Biblical Drama
- Translation into Russian. Cherkasy, Ukraine: Colloquium Publishing, 2009.
- Translation into Korean. Seoul, SK: Intervarsity Press, 2009.
- Translation into Musselmani Bengali. Padma Educational Services and ICL Bible College, 2010.
- Translation into Chinese. Enoch Communications, 2012.
- Translation into Czech. Prague: Drejna-Luxpress, 2013.
- Translation into Spanish. Bellingham: Logos Press, 2014.
- The Gospel and Globalization: Exploring the Religious Roots of Globalization. Vancouver: Regent College Press and Geneva Society, 2009. Coedited with Erin G. Glanville.
- That the World May Believe: Essays on Mission and Unity in Honour of George Vandervelde. Lanham, MA: University Press of America, 2006. Coedited with Margaret O’Gara.
Description: This website offers resources for mission and worldview studies in connection with books authored or coauthored by Michael Goheen.
Description: This website offers resources in connection with books co-authored by Michael Goheen and Craig Bartholomew.
Description: This page lists a number of online resources written by Michael Goheen.